Some of the new and updated features in this release include:
- Just Enough Administration (JEA)
- Creating Custom Types using PowerShell Classes
- Improvements in PowerShell Script Debugging
- Improvements in Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Audit PowerShell Usage using Transcription and Logging
- Software Discovery, Install and Inventory with PackageManagement
- PowerShell Module Discovery, Install and Inventory with PowerShellGet
- PowerShell Script Discovery, Install and Management with PowerShellGet
- New and updated cmdlets based on community feedback
- New structured Information Stream
- Generate PowerShell Cmdlets based on OData Endpoint
- Network Switch Management with PowerShell
- Software Inventory Logging (SIL)
NOTE: If you are running Windows 10, you can get the same set of functionality available in WMF 5.0 RTM by updating to the November update of Windows 10 (Version 1511).
Download WMF 5.0 here.
View release notes here.